Sunday, November 25, 2007

Family time



It has been about a week, well exactly a week since our last entry. We have been busy with family and wedding arrangements. My Mom came into town on Tuesday afternoon and we were off and running on Wednesday at Hitched in DC, our first bridal salon. We had a wonderful experience there and found a dress that we both loved.

Wednesday morning we also picked up all kinds of goodies as Atwater's in Belvedire Square. We love this place and could eat there for every meal. They make wonderful breads, all from certified organic flours ground at a family mill, and with great additions like grains, nuts, fruits and seeds, all organic as well. They also make splendid soups that are different each day. While I was enjoying my lunch there a few weeks ago they had order forms out on the counter for Thanksgiving treats that they would be offering. Let's just say that I might have gotten a bit to excited and ordered a bit to much for the four of us, but we are moving through it all quite well and it should all be gone by the time that my parents leave tomorrow morning. Just in case you were wondering here is the run down of what we got. One quart of lobster butternut squash bisque, amazing but rich. One quart of roasted fall vegetable minestrone, i heard it was good, but there were a few to many veggies in it for me. A brioche, huge, we are still plowing through that, I might cut it and freeze it for french toast on some lazy Sunday morning. There was also a round of cranberry and walnut bread which was a great hit and we are going to pick some up for my parents to take home with them. And the finale were three pies. The first was a sweet potato, second was an apple pie with cheddar cheese crust, and the third a pecan pie, not to gooey or sweet, just right and the first pie to be finished as well.

On Thanksgiving we went to JP's grandparents house for lunch and my parents were able to meet his family. We had a really nice time and enjoyed being with family and friends.

Friday we had the misfortune of going to a bridal salon in Pikesville, Maryland, a suburb of Baltimore. The place was horrible, very uninviting, overall really creepy. My Dad said that it was like being at a used car lot. The sales woman was trying to pressure me into buying from them and did not listen to anything that I was say in regards to what I wanted. Needless to say we left quickly and without a dress.


Saturday was much more productive. We all went to brunch at Golden West in Hampden, a neighborhood in Baltimore that JP and I really like. JP lived there for two years and I am currently working at a store there, but more about that later. We then went to Chelle Paperie, and met with Katie about our invitations. We all loved what she had come up with and are really excited about the finished product. I know that I have mentioned the store before, however I just found there blog and it is really nice so that is the link that I used for this mention of the store, I suggest that you check it out.

After the the invitations we trekked down to DC to go back to Hitched to show Dad the dress that I am in love with. He put his stamp of approval on it, we did measurements and in a few months, well about 6 we will have a dress! I am so excited and cannot wait to see the finished product.

Today we are cooking the turkey that my Dad transported from Missouri here on Thursday. It is a heritage Red Bourbon turkey, they are very tasty and we are all excited to sit down to a turkey dinner, again.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pages