Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Big Changes

Sadly, I have not been very active with the blog lately. We have been busy with holiday events and work, and all of the wedding plans that we had have changed. It took a bit of wind out of my sails and we are in the process of regrouping and setting forth a new wedding path. We are so excited about the changes, but have to start back at square one and that is never fun.

I am heading out there in the beginning of January and hopefully will get everything pulled together and secured.

But enough about all of that, one of the blogs that I read on a daily basis, Style Me Pretty, is having a DIY contest for brides and items that they are producing for their weddings. There was one entry that I really enjoyed and wanted to pass along.

photo from Style Me Pretty


I feel like this is a great project for any party, not just a wedding and what is printed on the card can be so custom and pertinent to the couple that it really gives it that nice thought out touch. I am so excited to see what all the brides come up with there are already about 4 or 5 things that I am going to incorporate into ours just from the suggestions so far.

I also think that I am going to be pulling out my Donna Hay entertaining book as well as some other craft books that I have to really pull out the details of the wedding. I am have found that there is really only one bridal magazine that I find interesting and helpful, Martha Stewart Weddings, of course, and other than that it is all blog based, but even that took some digging to get through all the crap out there. And even the blogs a lot of them have very planed and detailed, high budget weddings. While they are great to look at, they are not really reasonable for most of us. So I am turning to outside resources to draw my inspiration and tweak it to be wedding appropriate. I will let you know when I have boiled down the ideas to a choice few.


One other really great place that I will be drawing inspiration and talent from is my brides maid Melissa, she works in the display world at Anthropologie in Philadelphia and is an amazingly gifted artist. I am so thrilled to have her helping with the wedding and excited to get together and brain storm. If you take a moment to check out her web site, Paper Satchel, you will get a quick glimpse at her talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pages