Monday, January 4, 2010

Judith & Julia


As with most people I saw the movie Julie & Julia last year and decided that I too wanted to cook from Julia's cookbook. My lovely husband was kind enough to give me Mastering the Art of French Cooking for the holiday's this year. I think that it was 40% a gift for me, and 60% a gift for himself... I thought that I would try the Beef Bourguignon recipe on New Year's Day. A hearty dish that I could put on and have mid afternoon. As it turns out we were out and about on New Year's Day and I never got around to making it. I did make it sometime over the next week and it was scrum-diddly-umcious. One of the serving suggestions is over potatoes, which I hate, or buttered egg noodles, which is a bit to German for my taste. We had some good rustic bread which I toasted. I placed half of the slice in the bottom of the bowl to absorb broth, and the other half I just placed along side to enjoy whenever. We both really liked this serving option as the stew was really heavy enough on its own and did not need a full helping of anything else along with it.


On a side note, I have been taking a lot of pictures recently with my iphone. Mainly because that is what is always with me, and it is really quick and easy to upload them to my computer. I really like the images that are produced, and wanted to mention that all of the photos on the blog recently are iphone photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pages